About the Sunrise Orchid Society
The Sunrise Orchid Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to the better understanding of orchids and their culture as well as the good fellowship of other orchid enthusiasts. The Sunrise Orchid Society was founded in April 1985 by Mike Szulczewski, Cindy Johanczik, Bob Christian and a small group of orchid hobbyists. The Society is affiliated with the American Orchid Society and is comprised of over 100 members from the West Broward area.
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the Sunrise Senior Center located at 10650 West Oakland Park Boulevard, Sunrise, Florida. Membership is open to anyone who is interested in learning about orchids and who wants to actively participate in the activities of the Sunrise Orchid Society.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2016 – 2017
- President – Laurajean Niesel
- First Vice President (Programs) – John Budree
- Second Vice President (Membership) –Indira Kunjbehari
- Recording Secretary – Pat Kerulis
- Corresponding Secretary – Pat Kerulis
- Treasurer – Debbi Sokol
- Trustee 2017 – Linda Weiskopf
- Trustee 2017 – Maria Vittiglio
- Trustee 2018 – Ted Rich
- Trustee 2018 – Dorothy Rich